Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:05:35 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Maxim M. Kazachek" <stranger@sberbank.sibnet.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 40% slowdown with dynamic /bin/sh

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

>Daniel O'Connor writes:
> >
> > It is _trivial_ to buildworld with a static root.
>
>Then its equally trivial to build with a dynamic root.  Please do so,
>and don't wreck the performance of the OS I've used since 1994.
	Then just use OS from 1994 and don't bother about NEW features
that may appear in dumb, slow, dynamically linked OS. Just put your head
in the sand and say "I'm pretty happy with old statically linked OS and I
never need new features in it"... World is going forward, and the payment
of new features is awesome performance of OLD, not so good profiled (due
statical linking) dynamic linking functions. "if it isn't broken - don't
fix it". But if you don't use dynamic linking - it's DEFINITELY NOT
broken. And will never be fixed.

   Sincerely, Maxim M. Kazachek
       mailto:stranger@sberbank.sibnet.ru
       mailto:stranger@fpm.ami.nstu.ru