Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:26:46 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Soheil Hassas Yeganeh <soheil.h.y@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: failed to load nvidia driver (NVIDIA 7174 on Xorg-6.8.2/FreeBSD 5.4)

On Tuesday 21 of June 2005 09:59, Soheil Hassas Yeganeh wrote:
> Dear All,
> I had portupgrade to the Xorg-6.8.2 and NVIDIA-7174.
> When I run X -configure it says :
>
> (EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (once-only module, -1077942264)
>
> and then it uses nv instead of nvidia driver.
> The verbose log is attached.

This log doesn't show X using nv driver. It however shows it is trying to load
nvidia module twice, succeeding the first and failing the second time. After
that, there is still line:

(II) NVIDIA X Driver  1.0-7174  Tue Mar 22 06:54:34 PST 2005

which would come from 'nvidia' driver, so it seems to be loaded. This actually
looks like a log from 'X -configure' run, which would indeed try to load all
drivers and therefore also 'nv'. It would be more interesting to see log from
running X server.
How does configuration file (xorg.conf) look like?

Dejan