Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:44:16 +1000
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and -current

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 12:22:08PM -0400, Simon Shapiro wrote:

>David Dawes, On 09-Sep-98 you wrote:
>>  On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 09:38:25AM -0400, Simon Shapiro wrote:
>> >
>> >Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth, On 09-Sep-98 you

>> >For the less fortunate amoung ourselves, can yo enumerate ``...set up
>> >your
>> >host.def correctly'' ?
>>
>>  He means adding:
>>
>> #define UseElfFormat YES
>>
>>  because it isn't yet auto-detected in our the ELF bits in the current
>>  XFree86 developmenet code.
>>
>>  I don't see how that would account for the -lcrypt thing.
>
>If you noticed from the conversion of FreeBSD (make world, etc.) to ELF,
>this was necessary to explicitly state.  I think it simply carries over
>from that conversion.

I haven't noticed because I haven't converted to ELF myself yet.

My point is that -lcrypt isn't included everywhere in the build that
Stephen is talking about, or in any of the other patches posted here.
I suspect that from what you told me earlier that the problem you are
seeing is related to the fact that you're including the Kerberos 4 patches
that are in FreeBSD's XFree86 port, and that they possibly need updating
to include -lcrypt for ELF.

David