Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:10:44 -0700
From:      "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
To:        <freebsd@sysmach.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

> I read that FreeBSD is aimed more at Intel CPUs,

I am curious where you read that? FreeBSD is developed for the i386
platform - which as far as I understand translates to 32bit chips with an
x86 compatible core. Yes AMD fits in that category - hell even the CPU's VIA
are putting out qualify (and work).

> and I wonder if I made the right decision in the first place. Does AMD
work fine with FreeBSD? Thanks.

In a word, YES!

Regards,

Kulraj Gurm