Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:20:26 -0600
From:      Eric van Gyzen <vangyzen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@nuxi.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sem_timedwait3(..., ..., clockid_t)

On 02/16/2017 00:47, Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hi Eric,

>> int sem_timedwait3_np(sem_t *sem, const struct timespec *abs_timeout,
>>     clockid_t clock_id);
>
> Could we please make the argument order a bit more consistent to
> clock_nanosleep() (i.e., putting the clockid_t in front of the
> timespec)?

Sure.  I had made them consistent with sem_timedwait, but your suggestion makes
sense, especially since...

> Should we also provide support for the TIMER_ABSTIME flag?

That sounds useful.  I would also need to add a parameter for returning the
remaining time.

How does this look?

	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9656

I have not yet tested it, so don't spend time on a line-by-line review yet.

Eric