Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:27:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Charlie Watts <cewatts@frontier.net>
To:        Paul <tribble@tribble.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Benchmarks from SysAdmin mag

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Paul wrote:

> Hi all... it appears that after so many FreeBSD users (including
> myself) sent sysadmin magazine messages regarding the benchmark article
> previously discussed in this thread, they've posted a follow-up.  They
> sent me an email directly in respond to my message, giving me the new URL.
>
> So, everyone interested check out:
> http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2001/0108/0108q/0108q.htm

They claim to have both done:

 tunefs -n enable /
 tunefs -n enable /usr
 tunefs -n enable /var

And:
 in /etc/fstab
Add to options for all hard disk file systems ",async":

Given this, which takes precedence? Or am I mis-understanding?

I think of the three options as sync, async, and softupdates. If you
turn async AND softupdates on, what is really happening?

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net                                Frontier Internet