Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:53:13 +0000
From:      Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   squeezecenter 7.3.2 no longer starts with latest ports

Hi,

I just tried to restart /usr/ports/audio/squeezecenter version 7.3.2
following a reboot and I'm now receiving this error:

>sudo /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezecenter start
>Starting squeezecenter.
>Found custom OS support file for unix
>The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with
>SqueezeCenter:
>  Net::DNS (loaded 0.63, need 0.63)
>
>To fix this problem you have several options:
>1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan
>Some::Module
>2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
>3. Run the .tar.gz version of SqueezeCenter which includes all required
>CPAN modules.

I guess I've updated a few perl related ports in the last couple of days
since I last rebooted, one of which I presume has cause squeezecenter to
fail.  My installed ports are current as of last night.  If relevant, my
system is running 6.4-RELEASE-p1.

Backing p5-Net-DNS down to 0.64 (from 0.65), has not helped but I'm not
even sure this port uses the ports installed version anyway!

All ideas welcome please!!

Cheers,
--
Mark A. R. Knight                               finger: markk@knigma.org