Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:59:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MADV_SEQUENTIAL and GNU Grep

:On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:50:28 +0900
: "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com> wrote:
:
: > Could you please elaborate on "permanent"? To what structure the
: > information is currently attached, and what, if anything, can make
: > that structure "go away", short of a reboot?
:
:As permanent as the object ... i.e. as long as the object persists.
:
: > Of course, we could MADV_NORMAL afterwards, though that would
: > require changing more than one character. I'm not sure I'm ready for
: > so much coding... :-)
:
:No, it's not appropriate to work around a kernel bug in this fashion.
:
:        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>

    I'm willing to fix it.  If NetBSD has moved it to the map entry then
    I can move it here without core screaming at me too much, though every
    time I do any work I have to balance the fun against the frustration of
    not being able to commit it myself.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>