Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 16:28:55 -0600
From:      Sergey Pak <pachera@metrocon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcmcia support

Help!
I can't make my pcmcia modem work. Meanwhile my  pcmcia network adapter
works fine.
I bump to "no PC-CARD slots" error message when I start pccardd daemon.
I found alternative pccard kernel support.

controller    crd0
device           pcic0    at crd?
device            pcic1    at crd?

The problem is I can't compile the modified kernel running into error:
"Dedicated PCMCIA driver and Generic PCMCIA support can't be mixed"

Questions:
Why generic pcmcia support can't recognize pccard slots?
How can turn off generic pcmcia support compiling new kernel?