Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:35:08 -0500
From:      Peter Beckman <beckman@angryox.com>
To:        Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>, =?UTF-8?Q?Ji=C5=99=C3=AD_Smejkal?= <Jiri.Smejkal@cnw.cz>
Subject:   Re: Looking for a tiny embedded system that supports *BSD

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Maxim Khitrov wrote:

> These weren't designed for use with a battery. That's the most
> difficult part of finding what I need. There are plenty boards out
> there that have all the right features, but so far I couldn't find
> anything that can work for a few hours without an AC power source.

  Don't look for a whole computer that meets your needs, start looking for
  computers that meet your needs and then look for a PSU that can accept a
  battery input.

  http://www.epn-online.com/page/35052/130w-battery-backup-psu.html

  Not sure if Google uses a PSU from a commercial manufacturer or rolls
  their own, but their PSU's have a built in battery for each racked
  computer.

beckman@angryox.com                                 http://www.angryox.com/