Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:51:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, batie@rdrop.com (Alan Batie), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onstream?

It seems Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.10003041616380.92268-100000@semuta.feral.com> Matthew Jacob writes:
> : I gave up on supporting it- too much work for too little gain, IMO.
>
> The same thing happened on the IDE side of things.  Even with Soren's
> hacks, I never could get it to work well.  It worked as well as one
> would expect a win-tape drive to work :-<.
>
> I have one of these beasts if someone wants it.  I got it from the
> onstream folks (they have an office here in Longmont).  I tried to
> help Soren out, but my tolerence for working in the project was
> extremely low.

That drive is a joke, I'd never recommend it for data you care for..

However I still have it on my TODO list, it just keeps getting
pushed further and further down on it...

The ATAPI version is somewhat supported, ie you can access it, but
there are no filemarks (the drive doesn't support that) and there
is no handling of media errors (the drive doesn't support that either).
Other than that it can be used :)

-Søren