Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:02:39 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>, "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: initgroups unsolicited warning?

At 12:14 AM +0200 7/20/01, Anton Berezin wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:44:13PM +0200, Anton Berezin wrote:
>>  Please see PR 15421.   :-)
>>
>>  On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 01:06:51PM -0400, Jeroen C. van Gelderen wrote:
>>
>>  > Comments? Should I file this as a PR when I can reach the
>>  > freebsd.org host again?
>
>I think I have more to say on the problem.
>
>I did not commit the obvious fix because there exist concerns about
>the rest of the base system that uses initgroups(3).

Could the message be sent to syslog instead of the terminal?
Or have some way to indicate to initgroups() that the message
should be syslog'ed, or maybe even not sent at all?

>Here OK means that the caller checks initgroups() return code and acts
>appropriately.  NOK means that initgroups() is called without return
>code checking.
        [...]
>usr.sbin/lpr/lpd/printjob.c		NOK

Somehow I "just knew" that something in lpr would end up on a list
of things with not-OK code...     :-)

I'll try to look at that (just the call in lpd) if you wish.