Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 20:10:37 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        brandon@roguetrader.com (Brandon Gillespie)
Subject:   Re: why bother submitting anything (via send-pr)

As Brandon Gillespie wrote:

> Basically, what i'm wondering (as a disgruntled person wanting to help but
> seeming to be ignored) is why isn't there somebody simply responsible for
> non-developer submissions?

Because it would be a very dreadful job to do nothing else than this
(and if you look at the number of outstanding PRs, you'll quickly
notice that one person could really deal with this all day and night
-- it's not that you're the only one being ignored).

The last person who volunteered to do this dreadful job was Mike
Pritchard, who disappeared from the earth's surface all of a sudden
(although there are now rumours that he's indeed still alive, which
itself is already good news, but doesn't help your problem).

> Now, to retract a touch, I was in contact with Mark Murray
> (mark@grondar.za) about the libcrypt rewrite--but I think he had some
> hardware problems

Yep, his hardware has been stolen.  And yep, he's really the guy in
charge for this kind of stuff.

--
cheers, J"org