Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 08:43:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   SCSI weirdness

Having extended and maintained SCSI adapter firmware, and having used
logic probes on SCSI adapters and buses, and having run SCSI bus analysers,
(none of that sophisticated hardware is available to me right now,
unfortunately), I once used to pretend to myself that I knew something
about SCSI devices and operation.  My current situation seems to be
proving that a sham.

Trying to describe the symptoms and behaviors and the complicated history
is not appropriate in this forum, nor an effective use of bandwidth, but
if there's anyone out there who wants to try to dig into this one with
me, or who can suggest a more appropriate forum, I'd be very pleased.
There may turn out to be some interactions with the FreeBSD SCSI
implementation, which is one reason why I started here.

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417