Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:51:18 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
From:      Vittorio <vdemart1@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot find C# compiler

I'm trying to make my first port, "incollector" using the linux
incollector.tar.gz file.
Now after having carefully read the INSTALL
file I tried to configure the package (I use tcsh) as suggested in the
instructions with

sh ./configure CC=/usr/bin/gcc --
prefix=/tmp/incollector --exec-prefix=/tmp/incollector

but

checking
build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system
type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... i686-pc-
linux-gnulibc1
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk...
nawk
checking whether to
enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for a
BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for pkg-
config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for csc... no
checking for
mcs... no
checking for mono... no
configure: error: No C# compiler
found

I tried also with /usr/bin/g++ to no avail.

What's wrong with
it? What shall I do?

Vittorio