Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 14:29:51 -0500
From:      visions@accesscom.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-Rom Installation Problem

Hello

First Problem:

I'm a new FreeBSD user and I'm been trying to install the latest release
which I got from Walnut Creek with the Complete FreeBSD Book.  It is
being installed on a Compaq DeskPro 133 with 32 Megs of RAM.  The
computer boots from the CD fine and goes through the entire installation
with not one flaw.  It even gets to the "Last Chance Screen".  After that
it says:

"All File System Information Written Successfully"

It then flashes a a quick message about

"Emergency Halographic Shell".

It then says:

"Panic Page Fault

Syncining Disks

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Giving Up on Two Buffers

UpTime 4m26s

Automatic Reboot

<bold>

</bold>Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  The
CD-Rom is from Hi-Val (don't laugh).  It is made by VinTech, model VIN
40-A.  It is a 40 speed ATAPI CD Rom.

After I E-mailed this probelm it was suggested that I might have bad RAM,
so I swapped RAM till I was blue in the face and I get this message
now:

"All File System Information Written Successfully"

It then flashes a a quick message about

"Emergency Halographic Shell".

It then says:

"Panic Page Fault Syncining Disks

panic lock mgr: non-zero exclusive cont.

automatic reboot.

Once again thanks for any help.

JP Garnier

Soon to be FreeBSD User