Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:22:38 +0200
From:      "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>
Subject:   RE: Sudden and unexplained reboots

Hello list,

Per Scott's request, I am posting this message regarding the server I
had problems with few days ago.
After disabling (ftpd) completely from (inetd), and after removing
(-O2 -pipe) from the "make world" compilation, I am happy to announce
that the server is working smoothly for the last 4 days, with no reboot
at all.

To remind the list, that server rebooted every 1-2 hours few days ago,
for no aparent reason, and the only time I was next to it to see what's
going on, I saw that the kernel panic'ed in (ftpd) process.

To sum it up all, the server is working wonderfully now after disabling
(ftpd) and removing (-O2 -pipe) from "make world" extra parameters.

Noor