Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:27:39 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?S=C3=B8ren_Schmidt?= <soren.schmidt@gmail.com>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trouble starting AP cpu's on all winner R40/V40 chip, help needed?

Hi Manu

>=20
>> Hi all
>>=20
>> I found some time to wrestle the allwinner R40/v40 I?ve sitting =
around, but I?m bashing my head against getting the AP?s booted =
properly.
>>=20
>> I don?t seem to be able to get the CPU to run at all, or (more =
likely) I don?t have a way to get them startet at ?mpentry? to get them =
going correctly.
>>=20
>> I?m not sure I understand how those AP?s gets their starting address, =
the only reference to ?mpentry? is aw_mp.c:
>>=20
>>=20
>> bus_space_write_4(fdtbus_bs_tag, cpucfg, CPUCFG_P_REG0,
>>            pmap_kextract((vm_offset_t)mpentry));
>>=20
>> This is used on all all winner cpu?s (more or less) but according til =
the R40/v40 docs that register doesn?t exist which would explain the =
failure?

>=20
> R40 seems to use different registers for cpu bringup, so you will need
> to define a new platform for it in aw_machdep.c and defines some new
> function for ap bringup in aw_mp.c
> The User Manual section 3.2 of the R40 have all the needed info.
>=20

Yeps, already did that, and I can reset the cores etc, that seems to =
work (register bits flips), but there are no mention of regs to put the =
starting address into.

Chap 3.2 doesn=E2=80=99t mention anything in that regard (at least in =
the docs I=E2=80=99ve found online) its moved to chap 4.2 in the latest =
R40/V40/T3 docs I=E2=80=99ve found bu still no mention of starting =
address.

I looks somewhat like the A20 ie it has control for 2 cpu=E2=80=99s the =
last two are missing from the register ref, which suggests to me that =
the docs might be inaccurate at best.

I looked into =E2=80=9CTina-linux=E2=80=9D that they made for it, but I =
havn=E2=80=99t found out how they start it there either..

I might also just have stared me blind at it :)

-S=C3=B8ren