Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:35:51 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of Samba

Hello.

After a previous thread of mine, where I tried to find out the situation
of Samba, came up with little useful info, seeing however that this
topic seems to interest a lot of people, I've tried to assemble a
document to summarize what can be found spread across the web and my own
experience.

This is not complete yet, but I'll keep it updated as much as I can.
Ideally, the intention would be to raise a discussion where other people
help define the status quo. (This is not meant to replace developers'
discussions or bug reports and I hope I don't step on anyone's toe with
this).
Any suggestion appreciated.

> https://www.netfence.it/sub/sambaonfreebsd/

  bye