Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:08:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real hackers run -current

 * You're having better luck than I am.  My machine is also a TP560,
 * and I'm running -current from yesterday evening (Oct 27, around
 * 18:00 PST).
 *
 * Suspend/resume seems to be working OK when only my LinkSys ethernet
 * card (ed0) is in the machine.  That's modulo various messages about
 * unfielded interrupts and "Entire system suspend failure: errcode =
 * 96", neither of which seems to cause any actual harm.
 *
 * But if I put my Megahertz XJ1336 modem card into its slot and type
 * "zzz" it's a guaranteed instant system hang, requiring a power off to
 * recover.

You're having about the same amount of luck as I am.

I use 2.2-stable (of about a month ago) + PAO with a TP560E, and
Alt-F12 (hybernation) works fine if I remove the 3c589D or Megahertz
XJ1560.  It won't hybernate with either of them in there, so I just
remove them temporarily, wait for a couple of heartbeats, type "sync",
then Alt-F12.

Alt-F4 (suspend) seems to work with the ether but sometimes hangs with
the modem.  I haven't used this one much.  I don't know much about
"zzz", I haven't used that much either.

Satoshi