Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:51:15 +0400
From:      "Oleg Strizhak" <indian@pcbtech.ru>
To:        "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.0 stable new kernel not boot -- ad0 probs

> Oleg Strizhak wrote:
> >=20
> > Hi all!
> >=20
> > Could you help me: i have SUBJ prob. I've rebuild the kernel w/ =
custom conf.
> > cause I've Cel-300a, Chaintech 6BTM, Quatum HDD i had enabled only
> >=20
> > device ata
> >=20
> > is that not enough for IDE drive -- should I also enable atadisk
> > I'd like 2 keep it as clean as possible
>=20
>=20
> # ATA and ATAPI devices
> device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
>=20
> You deleted too much. This is the device driver for the HD. Until you
> understand what works you are probably much better off not deleting
> too much at a time. When I made my first 4.0 kernel, all I deleted
> from GENERIC was all but the ahc0 scsi device driver and the extra
> NIC's.

Thanx for a piece of advise -- but unfortunately it did'n help. Still =
the same prob.
Here's my config (ATA device related):
=20
# ATA and ATAPI devices
device ata0 at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device ata1 at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device ata
#device atadisk # ATA disk drives
#device atapicd # ATAPI CDROM drives
#device atapifd # ATAPI floppy drives
#device atapist # ATAPI tape drives
#options ATA_STATIC_ID #Static device numbering
options ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA #Enable DMA on ATAPI devices