Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:07:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion

On 23-Jul-2004 Eric Anholt wrote:
> OK, the final version of the X.Org conversion patch has hit the tree.
> No ports appear to be broken by the upgrade at this time.  X.Org has
> been made the default X distribution on -current.  Other versions of
> FreeBSD retain the same default X distribution (XFree86) but can
> upgrade by setting X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg in /etc/make.conf.

Hooray!  Thank you!

Just one question: have the inconsistencies been worked out in
translating XFree86 fonts package dependencies to Xorg fonts packages?
Have all ports that depend on XFree86 fonts packages been adjusted, and
if so, how was this issue resolved?

The problem I've seen is that there's some overlap between font package
contents going from XFree86 to Xorg, mainly re: TrueType and Type1
fonts.

Don't mean to sound like Mr. Rain-On-Your-Parade or anything here.  :-)
If these problems still need some work, I certainly understand.  Just
wondering what the current status is.

Thanks again!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"