Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:34:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        null@dnswatch.com (/dev/null)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Too Evil, Too Furious

> I see there are about 50 D-Link DWL-G510 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter Cards
> available on Ebay. They aren't but about $16.00 US. I'd be willing to pick
> one up and send it to you. What do I need to ask the seller to ensure that
> I get the right one? I haven't tried looking for the other cards on your
> list yet. But I got to thinking that most of the sellers on Ebay are pretty
> helpful. So if one wanted to know about the card they are selling - where
> they got it, what it looks like, etc... that might be an added resource
> in helping you in your quest.

Well, the problem, see, is I don't know exactly how to identify which
cards I need, which is why I was asking people to describe to me the
ones the had. :)

I'm not interested in getting stuff off eBay anyway. eBay is the debbil.
And not in a good way.

It looks like I have an offer for a bunch of stuff, so for now it seems
Project Evil's hardware needs will be met.

> I was also wondering if Project Evil will
> suport the Compaq 32-bit NetFlex-2 controllers? I got a Compaq EISA box
> some time ago and a whole bunch of the Netflex-2 cards with the intention
> of making a FreeBSD Switch out of it. But I wasn't thinking or I wouldn't
> have *assumed* that FBSD supported the Netflex-2 card.
>  Anyway, still have all the eqpt. and think it would be a worthy project
> that I'd love to complete. Oh, one more thing; if it would be of any help,
> I can cough up an IP and a remote box that you can have *complete* control
> of if you like.

Project Evil only supports cardbus, PCI and (to some small extent)
PCMCIA. I have plans to make it support USB. But EISA? Sorry, can't help
you. Nobody makes Windows XP drivers for EISAbus devices. :/

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul@windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose