Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 12:06:27 +0000
From:      Kevin <kweiss@jump.net>
To:        jon@dookie.demon.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with X after 3.4 -> 4.0

Hey Jonathan,

Chris has the right idea--maybe PAM is your problem. I just had a similar
problem with X not reading my .xsession file. I did a 'make reinstall' for
XFree86 and made sure to say "NO" to the question about PAM support (the last
question, I think).  This solved my problem and I think it'll take care of
your problem also.

Kevin Weiss
kweiss@jump.net