Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:37:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to find docs on newbus vs. cardbus vs. newcard

In message: <20020211155313.A25761@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
            j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:
: I'm a little confused as to what these each mean, which is newest, and
: which is legacy.  Could someone point me to TFM to read?

NEWBUS:
	The current way of doing FreeBSD device configuration.  This
is approximately sys/kern/subr_bus.c, bus_if.m and device_if.m.

CardBus:
	PCMCIA standard for PCI cards in the PC Card form factor.
FreeBSD's CardBus stuff can be found in
dev/{pccard,pcic,exca,cardbus,pccbb}/*.  I'm in the process of fixing
bugs in this code base as well as removing redundant code and
expanding support for more bridges and client devieces.  This is what
I've been calling NEWCARD.

Warner