Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:57:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org

I am going to try host the following discussions on -arch over the next
week.

 1/ which direction (maybe multiple) are we going with threads.
 2/ SMP. how to go about it from here..
 3/ In what ways should the VFS and the filesystems be changed/cleaned-up
 4/ what about posix extensions such as scheduler classes...

I will be doing them SERIALLY, by which I mean that While talking about #1
we don't wander off into #2 unless it directly affects #1.
I will try add 'reminders of upcoming topics' regularly so people can
hold off, knowing that their topic is on the way..

The first discussion will be on THREADS. A hot topic these days.
and I will be posting a stating note on the topic in a short while..

This is a note to allow people to check that they are in -arch before the
discussion starts.

Julian