Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:31:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import of tcsh into src/contrib/, replacing src/usr.bin/csh

:
:On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:21:36PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I don't think we can replace /bin/csh with tcsh, for compatibility
:>     reasons.  Thousands upon thousands of scripts use csh and the risk
:>     is just too great that we might break some of them.
:
:Show me one.

    Prove that there isn't one.  You are willing to replace a critical
    system program with one that has diverged from its base for years
    and to hell with anyone who might be broken by it?

    Prove there isn't one.

						-Matt