Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:25:16 +0200
From:      Henson Family <lhyenson@inter.net.il>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   randomly change splash screen

Hi there,
I finally decided to have the splash screen on startup. worked fine and
i even added vesa to the kernel for the 640x400 to be possible. also
worked fine. (liked the starwars splash screens). anyway, i wanted to
'randomly change splash screen' so i thought it should be relatively
easy. all i need to do is write  a script that on shutdown copies a
randomly selected bitmap(or pcx) file and copy to boot/splash.bmp . it's
so simple i'm sure some have you have already done such a thing.
unfortunately i have absolutely no knowledge of scripting so i decided
to write this so you could assist me or just send me the ready script if
you have it.
Thanks a bunch,
Alon

P.S. - i am not subscribed to questions so please remember to reply to
my e-mail address as well.

P.S.S - as i was going through the example pictures to choose the splash
screen from, i noticed that many of them have the text freebsd 3.1 .
obviouslyseriously outdated. someone with gimp should add 3.3.