Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:22:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, msmith@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMI MegaRAID driver

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> >   Hardly.  Until now, I didn't know that the Enterprise 1500 wasn't
> > supported, and I was looking at getting one.  I even read the README
> > included with the drive, and there was no mention of
> > supported/unsupported cards.
> >
> >   However, now I know that certain firmware versions are supported, but
> > not what firmware versions each card supports.  AMI does not list that
> > kind of info in the product specs either.
>
> ... which is why I haven't been able to be more specific about which
> cards do and don't work.  As soon as I know, I'll be updating the
> driver/documentation.

  What MegaRAID cards have you used and work?  What MegaRAID cards don't
work for sure (I know the Enterprise 1500 is currently in this category)?

  Basically, as you suggested, I decided to commit to the MegaRAID card
for a production server, but I'm totally lost on which card to order.  The
MegaRAID Express 300 is a card that I'm considering.

  BTW, AMI has a cool buy one, get one free deal going on at
http://www.ami.com right now.  I'd like to take advantage of this offer,
and get a bunch of cards.

> --
> \\ Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. \\  Mike Smith
> \\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
> \\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  msmith@cdrom.com

Tom