Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:21:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stephen F. Combs" <combssf-mobile@salem.ge.com>
To:        William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad and FreeBSD

William,
	I'm sending you this from a Thinkpad 755CSE (not the same as you
mention, but it works quite well).  Doesn't have X yet and haven't gotten
the MWave modem to work, but I've also got a Megaherts PCMCIA modem which
I am using to connect to the net with (as I write this message).  I'm
using an ALPA package which provides PCMCIA support.  Don't know what is
in a 701 but the 755CSE is quite good (100MHZ DX4, 540MB IDE disk, and
I've currently got 24MB of ram!).

----
Stephen F. Combs                 Internet:	CombsSF@Salem.GE.COM
GE DS&TC		 	 Voice:		540.387.8828
Network Services		 Home:		CombsSF-Home@Salem.GE.COM
1501 Roanoke Blvd                FAX:		540.387.7106
Salem, VA  24153                 LapTop:	CombsSF-Mobile@Salem.GE.COM