Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 09:46:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   stars screen saver problem...

When I first installed FreeBSD I used the 2.1.5 cd's from Walnut Creek
(that came with the book -- Thanks Greg!!).  During the install process
it asked something about a screen saver.  I installed the stars screen
saver there.

When I upgraded to 2.2 (via ctm -- thanks Richard), the screen saver
ceased to show up.  My upgrade happened without a glitch -- compiled
with no errors, etc.

I found something in one of the rc files (can't remember) which appeared
to be the problem and fixed it.  Now, when the screen saver comes on,
all it does is change the single byte at the upper left hand corner of
the screen (0,0 ?!?).

Any clues what direction I might take to find the problem/answer?

Thanks muchly...

Lee