Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2014 13:47:52 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fstab entry for fusefs based

Hi,

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 21:31:30 -0800
Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to have file systems that use fusefs mount at boot time, but
> I don't know what to put into the fstype field. I used ntfs in prior
> versions, but it's been dropped and I now use ntfs-3g. I also need to
> mount an exFAT file system and I have no idea how to approach either.
> I'm also not sure about the format for options.
>
> I can mount either manually and they work fine. I'd just like to have
> the system mount them for me.

I used to have a very simple solution for cases like this. Not for your
problem specific, but in general.

I used to write a script, put it into /etc/rc.d, put an entry
into /etc/rc.conf and the script did then what I wanted.

When I log-in, all is in the state how I want it.

As you know how to manually mount the media, it should not be a problem
to write the script either.

Erich