Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 09:43:27 +0200
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        robmel@nadt.org.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Excessive interrupts question

   Hi!

> vmstat -i shows:
>
> interrupt      total      rate
> clk0 irq0    95305809       99
> rtc0 irq8      104534        0
> fdc0 irq6           1        0
> ahc1 irq11    9696467       10
> sc0 irq1            5        0
> sio0 irq4           2        0
> sio1 irq3           2        0
> ed1 irq5      7469608        7
> Total        112576428      118
>
> This is a different picture from that supplied by xperfmon (?). Are these
> interrupts excessive?

      I'm the maintainer of the xperfmon++ port  and it shows the number of
   interrupts quite well. What  OS version do you  use, and what version of
   xperfmon++? The latest version is V 1.33 which I release at May the 20th
   I think. It should  run with all FreeBSD-2.X versions  and have a lot of
   bug fixes due to 1.1 and 1.3. You  can get it per  anonymous ftp from my
   site here in Germany or from ftp.freebsd.org.

	ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub/xperfmon++v1.33-port.tar.gz

       This is a port  (sources)  which can be  easily  build. If you  have
   further problems don't hesitate to contact me again.

   Lars

Lars Köller                      Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
Universität Rostock              E-Mail:
Fachbereich Physik                 Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3              Anonymous ftp:
18051 Rostock (Germany)            ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub