Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:35:48 +0200
From:      "Christer Gundersen" <dtunez@online.no>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP`s NAT and cvsup

Hi!

I have just set up my first PPP NAT server, and i seemd to work fine.
Like,
almost everything _does_ really work. There is nothing wrong with the
speed
on the net, or something like that.
My problem comes to cvsup; When i try to cvsup my ports-sup file is goes
_very_ slow. So slow that my connection gets closed after updating 1, or
2
ports.
I wonder why?
I use the norwegian cvsup server(i dont know if that matter).
If i use cvsup(same mirror ofcurse) on the server(i have two machines,
one
server, and one workstation. The server does the NAT) it works. Nothing
is
wrong the way i see it. (I have a PPPoE connection, and yes i _have_ to
dial.)
Is something wrong with my setup?
If i use my workstation to dialup(using PPP) to the net, and then uses
cvsup
it work nice, without any "connection timeout."
Does PPP`s NAT have a problem with cvsup?
Using FreeBSD 4.4-PRE, was a 4.3 stable but with same problem then.
My server is a 166mzh MMX(64meg of ram), and my workstation is a AMD
1.33(768 megs of ram)

(And yes, i have tried cvsup -P m thing)

Med Vennlig Hilsen / Best regards
Christer Gundersen / dizzy tun3Z
http://dtz.cjb.net
dtunez@online.no