Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:51:33 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/tar Makefile bsdtar.1 bsdtar.c bsdtar.h bsdtar_platform.h matching.c read.c util.c write.c

On Apr 6, 2004, at 2:14 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> There are still a few bugs to iron out and a couple of features that
> are a bit incomplete, but it's getting better quickly.  My hope
> is that a few adventurous souls will start using it and giving
> me feedback so that I can grow it into the system tar
> that FreeBSD deserves.

Most excellent, Tim.  Any chance of bsdtar being made available for
-STABLE systems, or as a port?

[ I keep one 5.x system around for testing the ports I maintain, so I
still could do some testing if not, but I'd be able to use it in many
more places if it was MFC'ed or made available via ports.... ]

--
-Chuck