Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 15:13:14 +0100
From:      amobbs@allstor-sw.co.uk
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wired memory "leaking"

I've got a problem that my KLD is "leaking" wired memory.

It's not actually growing in size, vmstat -m shows a fairly constant
allocation, and certainly "high" isn't increasing. It's just that as I use
it more, and more memory gets wired down, and the system becomes unusable.

I've tried both using my own MALLOC_DEFINE memory type and a system type
(M_TEMP) with no difference. All I'm doing is straight-forward malloc/free,
surely I don't have to call vm_page_unwire myself?

Would it be a problem if memory malloced by one KLD was being freed in
another?

I'm (still) using 3.0-RELEASE.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew.