Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 17:21:05 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        schluntz@gromit.pinpt.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple Video Cards

In article <2.2.32.19960918172835.009eece0@wallace.pinpt.com> you wrote:
: I have been talking to the people at XInside about running a multiple
: display X-Server.  They suggested I get the Matrox Impression Plus or
: Muleniam cards (I want to put to gether 2 15" running 800x600 and one 17"
: running 1024x768).  If I were to do this what would I have to do for FreeBSD
: to be able to see all three displays and support them?

 Not much.  One of the cards should be set to do the "VGA" thing as the
 console (its a jumper) and the other cards have that disabled.  FreeBSD
 in console mode will only see the "VGA configured" monitor, but i'm sure
 your not doing this to run multiple console devices :)

 The Xinside multihead software is what you really need to make this
 sing and dance.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds