Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:09:27 -0500
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make -j# buildworld question.

I'm about to do a buildworld on my work server (it's taken
almost 24 hours between the rebooting and the problems it has
downloading...as in slow).  This may be related to the problems
i'm having W/ the rebooting (network panic).  I don't know if this
is the problem, but it's worth a shot.

Enough rambling....

is it a Bad Thing(tm) to do a make -j# buildworld?  or does
it not really matter?  I have no problems when building other ports
and the kernel, but buildworld is a little more involved, so i'm not
sure if it would have any problems with a -j build.

Thanks,