Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 21:58:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   -- recursive make considered harmful ??

Any considered opinions on this ?

http://www.pcug.org.au/~millerp/rmch/recu-make-cons-harm.html

I've set up a freebsd-style make system for our project which is blazingly
fast on freebsd (and solaris), but sucks lemons on NT (mostly because of
Cygwin fork+exec).

Anyhow I've taken a lot of heat as a result of this paper, from people who
are more talk and less action than myself.

Cheers,

Andrew.
--

+--
| Andrew Atrens                 Nortel Networks, Ottawa, Canada. |