Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:23:34 -0700
From:      Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>
To:        Nathaniel W Filardo <nwf@cs.jhu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cross-build failure on sparc64 for TARGET=amd64

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:38, Nathaniel W Filardo <nwf@cs.jhu.edu> wrote:
> Running
>> sudo make TARGET_ARCH=3Damd64 TARGET=3Damd64 DESTDIR=3D/usr/x86_64 -j4 b=
uildworld
> on
>> FreeBSD sparcslave.priv.oc.ietfng.org 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #2 r=
214092=3D9050e7b-dirty: Thu Oct 21 01:25:54 UTC 2010 root@t@sparcslave.priv=
.oc.ietfng.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SLAVKERN =A0sparc64

I tried this about a year ago - it didn't work then and I suspect it
never has. I'm not sure what the cause is.

In any case, sparc's are almost always a lot slower than just building
natively on amd64 hardware, so you probably aren't going to get people
too excited about fixing it without tracking down the exact problem
and/or sending a patch.

--=20
Rob Farmer