Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:13:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Nick Slager <nicks@alexsi.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVidia Geforce2 Go

At Tue, 5 Jun 2001 it looks like Nick Slager composed:

NS-->I have a new Dell Inspiron 8000 machine with NVidia's Geforce2
NS-->Go chipset.
NS-->
NS-->Does anyone have a machine with this chipset and have X working
NS-->happily? I was lead to believe that the entire Geforce2 line was
NS-->supported under XFree86 4.x, but perhaps this isn't the case.
NS-->
NS-->There appears to be code in the nv driver (at least in X 4.1.0,
NS-->which is what I'm using) to at least recognise the chipset, but
NS-->X -configure bombs out with:
NS-->
NS-->
NS-->Fatal server error:
NS-->
NS-->XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
NS-->Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to
NS-->xf86PciInfo.h.
NS-->
NS-->
NS-->
NS-->I'm guessing this means the Geforce2 Go isn't supported. Anyone
NS-->had success with this chipset?
NS-->

..... well, I work for Linuxcare doing support for Dell and their
Linux builds and we have a website that not only has just the RPM
versions of the drivers but two tar balls. I was told "X is X is
X" but I personally haven't tried it.

Now I can't tell you if it's going to work, one of the files is
for the linux kernel, and one is just the driver but with linux
they go in as a pair. The files are just linked to Nvidia's site.

http://dell.linuxcare.com/geforce2.epl

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)