Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 22:22:17 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sigh.. :-)

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 22:10:28 -0800 (PST)
From: "Duane R. Ellison" <duane@qnet.com>
To: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: knowledge request

Hello,

You are the guy in the know so I hope you can spread the wealth of
knowledge.  Where can I find information on configuring my system to link
through pppd to my host qnet.com and allow me to grap my mail (so I can
read it off line) using pine.

Now I know this is probably simple, but it is kinda kickin' my butt.  I
almost have ppp running, meaning that I can connect via kermit suspend
that start ppp and see everything link up and that is it.  I am unable to
talk to qnet.com or anything else.  I  have even tried 'ping'ing numeric
sites 204.107.78.30.  The modem flashes but nothing comes back.  If I try
to telnet blabla.blabla.com it always says it canno find the host.

I ASSUME I have serious problems with /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf but I
am not sure what is suppose to be there (haven't been able to find a good
readme file) or if there are other places that I also need to change.

I have a whole binder full of FAQ, how-tos, etc which has gotten me this
far (I never thought I would compile my own kernel before) but I am only
half way there.

Anyway I hope that I haven't directed my question to the wrong person or
in the wrong way I am just trying to figure this stuff out.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance...

Duane

------- End of Forwarded Message