Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:59:34 +0200
From:      "Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?=" <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with missing libkaffevm.so.1 using JDK1.1.7 Help!

Hi!

I've just installed a 3.1-Release system. From the ports that came on
the CDs, I installed the JDK 1.1.7

The problem is when I, after setting upp the environment according to
docs on webpage and so fort tries to use either "java" or "javac". These
programs returns immeadetly with:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkaffevm.so.1" not found

I have installed the kaffe-1.0b3 with the same ports collection. When I
try to find the libkaffevm however, there doesn't seem to be such a
file.

I'm at loss here. Does JDK really need Kaffe to run? Shouldn't I be able
to get the JDK running by simply installing the port and sourcing the
ENVIRONMENT? Any help and so on would be greatly appreciated.

-- =

Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk sv=E4ngning
--- FairLight ------ FairLight ------ FairLight ------ FairLight ---
Joachim Str=F6mbergson         ASIC SoC designer, nice to CUTE animals
Phone: +46(0)31 - 27 98 47    Web: http://www.ludd.luth.se/~watchman
--------------- Spamfodder: regeringen@regeringen.se ---------------