Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 13:16:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: missing files in include/machines

Ok maybe I should have looked abit more closely ,
gnome needs libgtop wich in turns wants to include tss.h in
sysdeps/freebsd/prockernel.c

If you comment-out the include statement.
It complains on structmembers not being there.
Dont really know how prockernel.c initiates the struct ,since from what
can see tss.h leaves common_tss as the struct name .
And prockernel.c initiates the struct like this " struct pcb pcb ", and
that should com from machines/pcb.h , anyway
the errors looks like this

In file included from prockernel.c:37:
/usr/include/machine/pcb.h:49: redefinition of `struct pcb'
/usr/include/machine/pcb.h:63: redefinition of `struct md_coredump'
prockernel.c: In function `glibtop_get_proc_kernel_p':
prockernel.c:157: structure has no member named `pcb_esp'
prockernel.c:158: structure has no member named `pcb_eip'

the prockernel.c code looks like this

#ifdef __FreeBSD__
   156  #if (__FreeBSD_version >= 300003)
   157                          buf->kstk_esp = (u_int64_t) pcb.pcb_esp;
   158                          buf->kstk_eip = (u_int64_t) pcb.pcb_eip;
   159  #else
   160                          buf->kstk_esp = (u_int64_t) pcb.pcb_ksp;
   161                          buf->kstk_eip = (u_int64_t) pcb.pcb_pc;
   162  #endif
   163
   164  #else
   165                          buf->kstk_esp = (u_int64_t)
pcb.pcb_tss.tss_esp0;
   166                          buf->kstk_eip = (u_int64_t)
pcb.pcb_tss.__tss_eip;
   167
   168                          buf->flags |=
_glibtop_sysdeps_proc_kernel_pcb;
   169  #endif

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Khaled Daham wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I recently bumped into a problem when compiling gnome ,
> > it wants tss.h (which itself needs global.h), ive looked at the i386
> > counterpart , frankly I dont really know what it is for(seems like
> > ponters to registers, but i know diddley about x86 asm, more comfy with
> > 68x00). soundcard.h is also a file that is missing ,the  xanim port wants
> > it.
> >
> > So I guess Id like to know if someone is working on this?
> > If I can be of any help dont hesitate to ask!
>
> What on earth does it want tss.h for? That is totally i386 specific (and
> shouldn't be used by user programs either).
>
> --
> Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
> Nonlinear Systems Ltd.			Phone: +44 181 442 9037

/Khaled, Telia Network Services

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]