Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:00:35 GMT
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one file per session

The following reply was made to PR ports/105589; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc: gnome@freebsd.org,  bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one
 file per session
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:35:34 -0800

 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
 > No, it doesn't really help isolate why the problem is happening.  It's
 > just good to know we have a workaround.  You should try and find out
 > what KDE is doing that affects GTK+ or GNOME applications.  THAT would
 > help track down the crash.

 I've got an email into the KDE maintainer(s) to see if they can shed
 some light on it. I did notice one thing though. I get the following
 error on the settings-deamon's terminal right about where Firefox would
 normally crash. I rebuilt D-Bus (and the QT/Glib bindings for it) with
 debugging symbols, but that doesn't seem enough to get it to display the
 backtrace.

 (gnome-settings-daemon:43599): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2271:
 signal name `new-toplevel_window' is invalid for instance `0x80c6250'
 process 43620: arguments to dbus_connection_add_filter() were incorrect,
 assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4954.
 This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
    D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace

 - Micah