Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:59:51 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACPI thermal panics ThinkPad 600X

Darryl Okahata wrote:
> Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
>
> > ACPI gives me hell on my IBM Thinkpad A31, also.  Yet since it
> > does not crash anything I just leave it be waiting for the day
> > when the ACPI hackers have time to fix it :)
>
>      It may not necessarily be a FreeBSD problem (or, not only).  While
> there may be issues with FreeBSD's ACPI, there are definitely issues
> with the A31 BIOS:
>
>         http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=3597168

A more useful reference, I think, is:

	http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=3597172

If you add similar code to FreeBSD to detect and patch the BIOS
table, this fixes the problem in FreeBSD, as well (though adding
the code is somewhat tricky: YMMV, knowledge of both FreeBSD and
Linux required; sorry, I do not have a patch against -current).

-- Terry