Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:09:52 +0100
From:      Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>
To:        "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with getting through firewall using CVSup

Patrick M. Hausen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > But is there any way to do anything without asking firewall
> > admin to open 5999 port?
>
> No, there is not. Well, there is, sort of ...
>
> Please, people! If Port 5999 is blocked, the responsible person
> doesn't want you to use CVSup. You will have to clear that issue.
>
> Of course with the help of someone outside of your company
> or a system sitting at your home which is connected to the
> Internet you could use an SSL tunnel or an SSH tunnel or ...
> ... provided that ports 443 or 22 are permitted, that is.
Unfortunatly I don't have access to inet from home.

> But how happy do you think your admin will be if he ever finds out?

He even doesn't know, that I'm connected to inet :-)
It is forbidden here to be connected to local company network,
and to inet as well, via machine, on which one has root rights.
But I have root rights on my machine, that's why my machine has
not been configured to use network. So I did that. And now
everything is fine except 5999 port.

--
Igor