Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:40:02 +0800 (SST)
From:      Gong Wei <eng30219@leonis.nus.sg>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to use TCL to automate sd session?

Hi all of you there:

Sorry for this junk mail.  This subject does not releate to freebsd too
much, but I consider most people on this list are quite knowledgeable,
actually this is one reason I switch from Linux to FreeBSD:-).  So please
execuse me if this mail does not make any sense to you. :-)

The problem is releated to sd(session directory? for MBone).  We want to
implement an easy way for users to create a new session.  They can
fill-in a form on WEB, tell us the desired time and media(video/audio),
then the underlying script will call sd up, at the appropriate time, and
more importantly, with the appropriate parameters, like the
starting/ending time, title, description, etc.

So we are wondering is it possible to write this script in
tcl/tk/expect?  We really appreciate any info/help, as well as any book
tips.

We thank you so much for your attention and really sorry for
making so much noise on the net:-)  Best wishes to all of you!

Oh, before I forget the machine we are using is a Pentium 90 powered by
FreeBSD 2.0.5, a great OS.

Just one more thing, personally I still think FreeBSD is slower than
linux, on some aspects.  But overall I consider FreeBSD better, much
better if the machine is not standalone.  Oh, please ignore this if you
don't like 8-)

Regards
Gong Wei
eng30219@nus.sg