Date:      Tue, 21 May 2013 22:26:23 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, rm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Python 3.3 don't build

Am 21.05.2013 13:31, schrieb Michael Gmelin:

> I had the same problem yesterday in a clean jail:
>
> cd /usr/ports/devel/python33
> make install
>
> It stopped with lots of error messages, I was too tired to care
> and just ran
>
> make install
>
> once again and then it worked.
> (no update of ports tree or any other action in between).

That might hint to a missing dependency in the makefiles with parallel
builds, or otherwise race conditions that jeopardize the build...

however, if the switch to gmake fixes it, chances are that pmake pulls
more environment in than gmake would; I've fixed such an issue before,
in lang/lua.  Such an issue might then be sensitive to /etc/make.conf
contents (which would explain why it works for some).

> Worth investigating?

If some can spend that time, that would certainly be most appreciated,
just make sure to check with rm@ first