Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:40:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        James Greenhalgh <james-list@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator on SMP systems broken?

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, James Greenhalgh wrote:

Since three hours both servers run with SMP kernel, but the Linuxulator problem
is still present. What the hell is that? Am I the only one with this specific
problems?

Every thursday we have a course in theoretical meteorology and therefore several
small Fortran programs are written by the students, producing output by NCARG via
IDT tool. The malfunction occured today, when the students tried to show their
results - last week, before this big catastrophy, all things run well and nothing has
been changed in the Linuxulator config or in binaries. Today, only those machines
running with a single CPU are capable using IDT! All SMP machines, either with or
without SMP activated, fail in running IDT with a SIG 20.

:>My machine is still suffering these problems when SMP support is enabled, and
:>it should be noted that it hangs very much more quickly when using linuxemu
:>(in my case opera, but also netscape).  I only had 2 system hangs when in
:>console mode, but closer to 20 with linuxemu running.  These are _total_
:>system hangs, requiring power cycle.
:>
:>james
:>
:>On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:03:25 +0200 (CEST)